To further Orchard House School’s goal to be a green school, all admissions information, applications, and forms are available on our website. We hope that you will partner with us in this effort by completing all possible forms online.
- The form required to complete each step in the process can be accessed through the provided link.
- You will need to use Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader to fill in this form and submit it electronically.
- You can download the free Adobe Reader at http://www.adobe.com/go/reader .
- You may save a copy of the forms and fill them out at a later time.
- When you are finished click submit to return your data Orchard House School. The forms can also be printed and submitted via mail to Melody Imburg, 500 North Allen Avenue, Richmond, Virginia 23220 or emailed to email@example.com.
- Application: Deadline for Parent and Student Applications for Fifth Grade: February 1, 2013
- Deadline for Parent and Student Applications for 6-8 Grades: February 22, 2013
Parent application - Complete the Parent Application Form
Student application form - Complete the Student Application Form
$50 application fee
Release of records sent by family to Orchard House School (Download the Release of Records Form)
Teacher assessment form given to teacher who knows student well (Download the Teacher Assessment Form)
Parent and student interviews
Student onsite writing sample
Interview and Visitation: November 2012 to February 2013
Once parent and student applications are received by Orchard House, an interview will be scheduled with the student and with her family.
In the event of an opening, a full day visitation will be required for any student applying for the sixth through eighth grade. An onsite writing sample is required at the time of interview
- Request for Tuition Assistance form to Orchard House by January 28, 2013
- Application to SSS by February 11, 2013 (SSS) Use the following link sss.nais.org/parents
- Tax forms to SSS by March 1, 2013
Applicant decisions: for fifth grade by March 2, 2013
- Applicant decisions: for all other grades on a rolling basis
- Tuition Assistance decisions: by March 2, 2013
Factors Considered in Enrollment and Tuition Assistance Decisions:
- the student’s desire to learn
- the student’s potential to respond to a challenging course of study
- the student’s awareness of and interest in an emerging sense of self
- given the school’s resources, the ability of Orchard House to meet a student’s needs
- the student’s report cards
- the student’s tardiness and attendance records
- the student’s scores on standardized tests
- teacher assessments
- family and student interview
- family and student applications
- student writing sample